To view this article as a PDF please click HERE.
1. Login to iCoreRx site.
2. Search/Select the Patient.
3. Select iCorePrescribe from the left-menu. The Compose Rx page will open.
4. Enter the Drug Name in the text field to the left of the green Drug Search button.
Use the generic drug name and not the brand name
Example: Type in Acetaminophen instead of Tylenol
5. Select the box containing the Drug Name, Dosage, and Form from search results.
6. Complete the electronic prescription pad from left to right:
Qty = DOSE (how many the patient should take at one time)
Select the Frequency
Qty = DISPENSE (total amount to dispense, place inside bottle)
|Optional: Check the “Save Sig to Doctor’s List” to add the prescription to your Doctor’s (Favorites) List|
7. Click the green Save Rx button
8. Select a Pharmacy; Click the Pt. Details tab
9. Click the blue Modify List button in the middle of the page
10. Search for the patient’s pharmacy
|Search Pharmacy by Zip Code or City, State|
11. Select the checkbox to the left of the pharmacy name
12. Click the green Save Changes button
13. Go back to the Compose Rx tab
14. Click the Review/Prescribe button above the blue drug name on the left side
15. Select the green Proceed to Transmit button
16. Confirm you see the script with “VOID” watermarks, this means the pharmacy has received the prescription
If prescribing a Controlled Substance:
Enter the 4-Digit Pin number
Click the Validate Pin button.
Enter the 6-Digit passcode obtained from either your Authy cellphone app or Hardware Token.
Once the code has been entered; Click Sign & Transmit Rx to send the controlled substance.
17. Confirm you see the script with “VOID” watermarks, this means the pharmacy has received the prescription