This article will cover how to import patients from your current practice management software to your iCoreRx site.
Please note this step is optional and you are able to enter patient data manually on your iCoreRx site.
Run A Patient Report
You will first need to extract the data from your practice management system. Generate a report containing the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth (Format: MM/DD/YYYY)
- Gender (Format: Male / Female)
- Home Address (Street address, City, State, and Zip Code in separate columns)
- Home, Work, and/or Mobile Phone Number (Format: XXX-XXX-XXXX; each number in a separate column)
Save this report in either excel or csv format.
Note: Street address, City, State, Zip code and phone numbers will need to be in separate columns.
|If you are unable to generate this report, contact your practice management system or IT company directly for assistance.|
Import Patient Report
Once you have the report generated, you will be able to add this file to you iCoreRx site. Please see the video below for a walk through of the following steps.
1. On the Left Menu click “Patients”
2. Click “Import” then “Patient Import”
3. Drag and drop your CSV File containing your patient list
4. The CSV Header column is generated from your report
5. The Database Field column is where you are placing the data in the system.
6. In the Database Field column click on the drop down menu labeled “ignore” and assign the proper label.
7. Map the Database Fields to align with the CSV Header column
Note: you only need to do this for the data that is required for sending an electronic prescription (Name, DOB, Gender, Home Address, and Phone Number)
8. You will see the Preview First Row populate with the first patient in the CSV file. Make sure the data matches before saving.
9. When complete, click Save Mapping and enter the name of your choice
10. At the bottom of the screen select Next Validation
11. On the following screen click Add and Update Patients
|On subsequent imports; drag your CSV in and select the mapping template you saved from previous Import. Then click Next Validation and Add and Update Patients.|